Minutes of the Monthly Meeting
January 15, 2016
Venue: Badlands Boulder Ridge Community Center, Watford City, ND
Donated by: Nuverra Environmental Solutions, Inc.
January sponsor: Trotter Construction, Inc.
Eric Genet: Introduction, Safety procedures and Welcome
- Presentation of PEC credits;
- Step-Up Launch scheduled for next month;
- Montana Safety Fest in Miles City on May 16 to 18. Excellent training resource;
- ND Safety Council convention February 1 to 4 in Bismarck ND – discount for members;
- ND Safety Council kicks off convention with Crude by Rail session on February 1 in Bismarck;
- MonDaks Facebook and LinkedIn pages are up and running. Our website will be launched by the next meeting;
- 2016 Step Up for Safety Campaign through National STEPS.
Justin Alps: Community Relations Committee
This committee will consist of 4 or 5 oil/gas members. The purpose is to provide positive influence on the community.
» Pick Up The Patch – clean road ditches in the Bakken in the spring.
» Toys for Tots – Christmas drive for toys for needy families.
Ted Garling: Neutral Grounds Committee
This committee is projected to be set up by March. The goal is to have 1 meeting per quarter or 4 meetings per year. The prior meetings were in Minot, an effort is being made to relocate these meetings to a more central area such as Watford City at the Nuverra facility.
» Agencies involved in the Neutral Grounds meetings will be OSHA, NIOSH, DOT, State Emergency officers.
» Need sponsors for breakfasts & lunches.
Karolin Jappe - McKenzie County Emergency Management
Mike Smith - Williams County Emergency Management
Office phone: 701-577-7707
- Burn Permit required in McKenzie County to burn;
- Foam Trailer purchased with grant;
- Table top exercises with area emergency volunteer committees;
- New emergency numbers available for different agencies that do training for free – fire and emergency assistance;
- Will email road closures – get put on email list;
- Will email predator alerts to anyone in the same county – get put on her email list;
- Contact her if you see or hear anything suspicious;
- Fire school is end of February, they offer a lot of courses, go to NDFA.net;
- Emergency Management program is in Minot on February 25 to 28;
- For assistance with Veteran services contact the coordinator in Watford City.
Background: Previously worked in Oklahoma as a Paramedic and Fire Fighter. He has 20 years of law enforcement. Mike has worked in Williston for Emergency Management for 6 months. He likes to do training for Emergency response – how to keep volunteers safe.
Mike Spoke about:
- There will be a cell phone app available soon to announce emergencies;
- There is a need for storm spotters;
- There is a need for storm shelters for Man Camps and Trailer Parks;
- Would like to create a local HazMat Team – currently they come from Minot;
- Needs a Mobile Emergency Operator Center – will take any donated trailers, vehicles etc.;
- Needs emergency lights;
- Needs emergency response team to provide coffee, traffic control, etc.;
- Would like to work together with Corporations on training, resources, etc.